The Nelson Engineering Cluster is a group of marine construction and repair companies specialising in commercial projects. Working as a seamless ‘ whole’, the cluster is able to take on major commercial boat building, survey and repair work and provide a single point of contact to coordinate tenders and direct enquiries.
- Cargo carriers
- Inshore fishing vessels
- Servicing tuna boats
- Defence support craft
- Coastal and offshore boats
- Aquaculture service vessels
- Commercial and tourist craft
- Jetboats and runabouts
- Barges and work boats
- Building chase boats and skiffs for purse seiners; and
- Oceangoing cruisers.
For further information on the Nelson Engineering Cluster click on Nelson Engineering Cluster or contact:
Peter Dawson (Chairman)
The objective of the project is:
- To identify, analyse and quantify key opportunities
- To analyse and formulate a strategy and action plan to accelerate and deepen sector growth through collaboration
- To gain support from industry and key stakeholders for the plan’s implementation.
For further information on the Top of the South Aviation Cluster click here
This cluster represents a group of Nelson-based businesses in the design, construction and building industry. PROJECT was created as a single point of contact to access any member’s services. The members are all unique individual businesses but their proximity and industry knowledge allows them, where appropriate, to work alongside each other to source the expertise, experience, specialised knowledge and equipment required for all levels of operation.
Click here for more information.
For membership enquiries contact Joanne Richards (03 545 8542).
For general enquiries contact Fiona Newey (03 539 0266).